Monday, September 11, 2017

Hello fellow musicians and others!




I´ve compiled a new post for you to honour the 9/11 anniversary.
It is comprised of 2 plugins that both attempts to emulate the Boss HM-2 pedal.


I recently managed to buy a genuine HM-2 pedal which to my surprise showed me that my earlier attempts may not have been so close soundwise as I previously thought.


So, I had to rethink and push myself even further in my quest to truly approach the Buzzsaw sound.
If you have downloaded the Buzz Helvetes Metal HM-2 in previous post, please ditch them and download the new version as this one comes EXTREMELY Close (I kid you not!).


You will NOT find another free and as easy way to reach that early 90:ies Swedish deathmetal sound!


In this post I´ve also included sound-files where you can hear a comparison between the real deal and Buzz Helvetes Metal HM-2.




The other post is called "Instant Buzzsaw" which does what its name says. Together with a suitable amp and cab it will give you a Buzzsaw-sound with the turn of a knob.
Please read the included instructions for both plugins for more info.


And, so here they are!




                                                  Buzz Helvetes Metal HM-2 (911) 32bit






                                                              Instant Buzzsaw (911) 32bit


In this post I´ve also included a bonus plugin in the form of a noise-gate which I call Black Gate VST which is also in 32-bit format:


                                                                     Black Gate (32bit)


Enjoy and spread the Word!!

15 comments:

  1. This didn't work at all for me. I'm using Reaper, I can successfully scan for the plugins, but the Buzz Helvetes doesn't show up on my plugins list, only Instant Buzzsaw does. But when I select Instant Buzzsaw it instantly crashes. Can you shed some light on that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Update: I managed to get the Instant Buzzsaw working in Reaper, however, the plugin loadup is very very sloppy. The instant buzzsaw in itself sounds pretty decent, and I'd love to use the Helvete one as well.

      Delete
    2. How do you fix?
      I had the same reaper problem here

      Delete
  2. I´ve heard this before concearning Reaper and other free plugins. I dont know why it happens, but I will try to have a look into it. Glad to see someone getting it to work though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I get an error in Tracktion 7 that the Buzz HM-2 plugin from 11.September failed to load. After that I tried your version from 25.August. That one was loaded flawlessly. Just to give some hints for further investigation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the work you put into your VST-plugins.
      Nils

      Delete
  4. Nice initiative, do you try to compile a 64bit version?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A control version in GitHub can be great step to the development of this VST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guys with Reaper problem, you are not alone with that issue, I have the same problem. x64 Reaper user

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you look to the post at Tuesday, January 8, 2019 you will find a Reaper-friendly version of Buzz HM-2. Hope this helps you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've tried to convert into 64bit using jbridge but, everytime I triy, the program crashes. It isn't a jbridge issue, 'cause it happens only when I try to convert this plugin

    ReplyDelete